Homemade Alfredo

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Well I'm about to leave for Korea and I realized I had a few files of photos from blogs I forgot to write. This recipe is not my own but the girls, and she got it from her mother. We tried it the exact way we were told (although I yern to tweak things) it was delicious. 


Chop ALL the green onions (by all I mean 1-2)

These are a favorite of mine and pair well with Alfredo. Try stepping out of your comfort zone and look for alternative noodles. (like spinach, black pepper or tomato garlic, my fave from the farmers market.)

We are going to say this is a quarter of a cup.

The smell of these sautéing in a little bit of olive oil is wonderful,

You want them done just before they start caramelizing. (add salt and pepper)

Heavy cream! Beware of expiration dates and be creeped out by the fact ultra pasteurized cream lasts for more than a month!

The girl and I are al-dente people. 

Add the cream slowly and allow to simmer after you give it a mix. 

You want that frothiness because you are trying to cook down the cream a bit so it's thicker. 

Now I love cheese, and Parmesan is just at the top of my list.

I wanted to get a picture of the block before I cut off a chunk for myself. 

Grate your cheese! I like LOTS of cheese.

Add cracked pepper and salt to taste and let the mixture cook down a bit more until nice and thick. 

I tossed the ardent pasta right into the skillet after we turned off the heat.

Give a quick mix and added some more pepper and cheese. 

You want the Alfredo thick and not watery. If it is too watery you didn't cook it long enough. 

Top with some thick slivers of cheese and some fresh cracked pepper (I like pepper) and enjoy!






This was really simple and I enjoyed it. Next time I believe I will add some garlic to the green onion for a bit of a twang. I don't want it to caramelize though because I want that fresh garlic taste. I'm open for suggestions though. 

Kudos entirely to the girl! 
4 Days till Korea!


Eat watermelon, sneak that midnight snack and remember to drink lots of water!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Declaration Of A College Woman Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino