Finals Week & Stir Fry

Tuesday, December 13, 2011


Well I'm not going to lie, thank whatever gods there may be that it is the end of the semester! I mean who DOESN'T want to be done with University!? Although it's not over till it's over! Two finals to go and a Term paper. So what am I doing at 2:30am during finals week when I should be studying and or writing my Term Paper?

Blogging of course! Because It's less stressful than writing 12 pages of GRAH. Yes GRAH the new form of hell that professors like to toss on to you when they don't explain what they want in their long papers. 

ANYWAY, besides procrastinating and crafting (I think I'm going to do a mini blog post on my crazy crafting I've been doing to spruce up my living space in the tiny apartment.) I've been cooking! Now I've also been eating a lot of take-out.... and my stomach has been rebelling from it all. I'm back to late night yoga to make my body feel not like it wants to destroy itself. (Late night yoga is amazing by the way)

So a really simple but yummy dinner is Stir Fry! 

 I like how everything fits nice and handy into the Wok!
That's thin sliced ribeye! In my opinion the best stir fry meat.
 Ok so you don't have to use this but its AMAZING. It's Korean BBQ sauce for beef called Bulgogi, I got it at a store back home called H-Mart.
 We had this strange rice that you boil in a bag... Personally I want normal rice in a pot but beggars can't be choosers I suppose. 
 This is my super fancy Wok I bought from Williams-Sonoma, I didn't buy the cover for it and I need to go back and pick it up. Whoops.
 Start by browning the meat first in the Wok with a little of the sauce as a marinade.
 Thin sliced carrots, Bean sprouts, broccoli and snow peas.
 The broccoli will take the longest so toss it in first and then the carrots and then the snow peas.
 Add more sauce to the mix!
 When the rice is done we drained the bags and poured them into a bowl. Then I tought the boy how to fluff rice. 
 The last thing I put in was the bean sprouts, they cook quickly and no one wants them to be cooked the death. 
 Mmmmmm It's finished! Remember a slotted spoon!
 Table set for three and the girl and the boy about to dig in before I can take photos. (I stopped them)
 Now the RIGHT way to do this is the rice on the bottom and the stir fry on top, then you pour extra sauce over it so it seeps into the rice. This is non negotiable people. (not really)
Delicious! Easy! And completely GONE!




Well back to trying to work on my term paper. I hope you enjoyed this quick break (because I did) 

Remember, don't stress out (Like I did today at some people when I couldn't get a moment of silence to work on my term paper.) It's just not worth it and nothing good comes from it. DO stress out when you run out of soy milk at 10pm and run to the store! Then drink from the carton like a boss... (You don't have to but it made me happy... So sue me I'm the only one who drinks it in my apartment!)

Songs of the Meal: Snow Patrol's: Shut Your Eyes, and Give Me Strength


My new thing is Pandora The greatest thing... ever? Seriously I hate radio but this is personalized and I love it. I get to listen to all of my country music! (You didn't read that) 


By the way would anyone want to lend me $6000? 
This is Sweetie, the reigning horse I practice on at my stable, and the Jerk (My friend that helps to run the stable and owns her) is selling her... and I want her... REALL BAD. 
I'll cook for money!

Oddly enough thats the exact price the boyfriend payed for his car... *Weighs car against horse* 
I feel like I'd more use out of the horse...Sad but true!
Ha ha ha!



ANYWAY, do yoga, drink soy milk and read my blog, but not at the same time! (It ends badly I swear)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Declaration Of A College Woman Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino