Farmers Market FUN!

Thursday, October 6, 2011

So there is a nice sized farmers market that sets up a few blocks from my University that sells everything from vegetables to gluten free baked goods. Needless to say I was very excited and my friend and I took a trip there after catching some sushi at a local favorite of ours. I HAULED. Yes I'm going to say it. I HAULED at a farmers market! It was wonderful, I had lets say about 15$ in cash in my pocket. I walked away with two dollars left and THIS:
Two basil plants, 1 full sized yellow watermelon, a whole cauliflower, 1lb of garlic, two florets of broccoli and two oversized sweet potatoes!
 Those sweet potatoes are HUGE
My dorm apartment now smells like basil and its just heavenly!
Garlic is wonderful
Doesn't Cauliflower look like BRAAAAIIINS?
Just had to show you how big it was. That's one of those long tissue boxes for reference. Did i mention that watermelon cost me 2$?



I also seen to have neglected to say that everything was organic. :)

I think that this was a wonderful haul for a farmers market, I only wish I had more money on me to buy some of the organic angus beef that they were selling.


Music for the mood:
Mr. Blue Sky, By: The Electric Light Orchestra









0 comments:

Post a Comment

Declaration Of A College Woman Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino